CORE time aims to promote, instil and embed the APHS CORE values as part of the character education students receive in combination with Citizenship and Form Time.
The APHS CORE Values are:
CORE time aims to ensure that students are prepared for their current and next stages of their education by undertaking programmes of study related to:
• Developing a growth mindset through goal setting and self-evaluation
• Mindfulness and student well-being
• Developing high quality study skills and examination preparation
• Receiving high quality Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance
• Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Education
It is our aim to ensure that alongside the education detailed by the national curriculum and GCSE specifications, that students receive a well-rounded education that enables them to grow into well-balanced young people who can make a valuable contribution to the local and global community.
• Staying Safe